Thursday 23 May 2013

Summative GA1A01 - Self-Portrait





I chose this picture for my portfolio as it is the best self-portrait I've ever done, It's the best portrait of any kind that I've done for that matter.

Overall I'm really happy with how the portrait turned out, the shading and eyes are the features I'm most satisfied with as the eyes are almost lifelike.

Some critique for this is that the eye on the right has a larger "ring" around it, the neck is too long, the face is too "squished", it should be thinner and longer.

What I tried to achieve with this picture is to practice and get better at drawing faces and humans. I have difficulties drawing humans and living things in general but I feel like I've atleast partially overcome that with this portrait. I wouldn't say that it looks realistic, because it doesn't, but what it does look like is believable and that's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment