Friday 24 May 2013

Summative GA1A01 - T-rex skull



This is a Tyrannosaurus Rex skull I made for fun, it's drawn after a skull from Cleveland Museum of Natural History.

The proportions are for the most part right except for the ridge along the top of the skull, I've drawn it thinker than it was on the reference image.

I'm happy with how the lighting and details turned out, I've not even added half of the stuff that was on the original but I find those tiny details to be really hard to make justice when I drew this picture. The back of the skull is the area that got the least amount of attention and it shows, the top of the skull lacks a lot of details and is to "smooth" in general.

I tried to get better at adding detail and rendering, I find rendering fun as it makes the image "pop" and the details are fun when they are finished but are annoying to add.



Here is the original Image I worked from:




Photo taken by John Weinstein at Cleveland Museum of Natural History

1 comment: